mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi, can you through some light on this query.Audi A3 TDI

Hi, can you through some light on this query. Audi A3 TDI 2.0 2003,mileage keeps going up when you are at a standstill,even if you reverse a couple of feet and stop it continues to go up?? I have sent the clocks away to BBA-ReMan and they say there are no faults found. Any help will be gladly received. Best Regards XXXXX XXXXX Tel XXXXXXXXXXX

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.
Are there any warning lights coming on?
Also do you ever have any issues from the gearbox?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Mike,

There are no warning lights on and no problems with the gearbox.

The car drives well with no problems.

Mark.

Ok the issue that you are having since you have eliminated the clocks is either the input speed sensor which is where the clocks get there readings from or the ECU which is where the input speed sensor gets its signal from. The input speed sensor is a common failure on these vehicles and result in this issue .