Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I own a audi a6 1.9 tdi SE 2004 with 206000 miles, full audi

I own a audi a6 1.9 tdi SE 2004 with 206000 miles, full audi services, cambelt and water pump changed recently, and interim service + mot, my multitronic gearbox appears working smooth, what can i do to prevent future problems in my gearbox

as you're probably aware the multitronic gearbox doesn't have the best reputation and complete gear box failure isn't uncommon around the 60-70K miles mark so to get to 206K miles must be something of a record and whatever youre doing in terms of driving style and maintenence must be right

you can help by replacing the gearbox oil every 15K miles or so as this has been shown to help