Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

instruments lights sometimes dont work when i switch on the

instruments lights sometimes dont work when i switch on the ignition

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what information do you need

No further information is required at the moment. I will continue to search for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
just want an answer?
Hello and Welcome..

My name isXXXXX happy to help you ..

I note your issues - Can you tell me - how intermittent is this...? And is it the same with whatever key you use?

Have you had any tests / checks done at all thus far?

Rgds, MIKE....................................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we just have the car two months now .it might be on if we go two the shop and when we come back out it might be of . this happens on and off we didnt try changing the key yet .but will try 2moro.we have no test yet as it is not due yet.

Hello again,

Thank you for your reply and info.

For some odd reason, your reply as above has only just reached me - That must have been a system issue of sorts, I can only apologise for that ..

Ok, What I meant by "test" was tests on the ign system, diagnostic wise - not Mot test..

Try the other key as I mention as this issue can sometimes be down to an electronic key problem... but if its not that, the actual wiring / connections need checking down from the back of the ignition unit to the fuse / relay box where they terminate. The actual fuses / relays should be checked there too for bad connections or even for water ingress which can happen sometimes.

Other than that as above if all is ok there - then the actual ignition unit is suspect given your symptoms as you describe them - before replacement I would advise have a garage check the system diagnostically as above to confirm that then go from there- they would do that with dedicated test equipment for the job -and one way or the other as above, that will see thus cured for you.

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert