Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

I own a 2002 Audi TT Quattro Roadster 1.8 165Kw. The rear

I own a 2002 Audi TT Quattro Roadster 1.8 165Kw.
The rear right brake hose which connects to the caliper is constructed from a thin metal tube with a light rubber coating. This has cracked and needs to be replaced. I cannot seem to find a spare anywhere. Are you able to assist? Photos available.
Ken Smith,
Johannesburg, South Africa.

Hello Ken

I'd try an Audi specialist at 1st

and to be honest brake lines can be made up on a DIY basis with a simple flaring tool and a bending some copper or kunifer line by hand

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Matt,
Thank you for the assistance. I have been considering the repair as I am drawing a blank everywhere for a part. I am attaching a few photos showing the type of hose as well as the broken end. You will notice that there is a crimped joint in the piping approximately 150mm from the broken end. I was considering joining an additional piece from there , but am insecure as I have no knowledge of these joints. The remaining pipe is not long enough to reach the Banjo bolt. Are you able to advise on a method I could use for joining the line?

what I'd suggest is you can use an in situ flaring tool to make a new flared end on your existing / broken pipe and you can then make a short extension pipe to reach back to the caliper

this article details how brake flare joints are made and the different types

or perhaps speak to the audi specialist about locating a good used pipe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gottit!Thanks a mill, Matt.
I am sure that I will come right from here on in.Regards,Ken.