Wolfgang
Wolfgang, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Eurocar Diagnositcs
19871424

Have 2012 Audi A6 Had Audi do with the engine modification

have 2012 Audi A6
Had Audi do with the engine modification for the emission saga they got into in USA
Now I have ECM fault 4892 (sporadic )
is there any relationship between Nox modification and this engine fault

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

* WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.

* FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.

* PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.

* UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.

* RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The scan test was there any 5 digit code or a Pxxxx fault stored ?

I want to verify the 4892 fault because this is a hexidecimal fault that may be translated wrong !!

ALSO

In the spare tire area is a 3x5 white options sticker. Can you take a pic and post the pic here to get factory info to assist. Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Acknowledge your response
Will in the morning try to find and get a picture of options paper you refer to and send it with P xxxxx code requestedRegards
Chria Larkin

Thank you!!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Good Morning BartI sent the below msg in reply to your email but I have no replyAs requested
ECM details are 4892 P040300 exhaust gas recirculation circuit (01100000 passive / sporadic)
and the white paper in the spare wheel compartment is included as an attachmentHope have covered everything adequatelyI hope the attachment is well attached !
Best regardsAttachments area

no it has no relation to the NOX sensor modification . the egr is way before the NOX sensor . most likely the egr assy needs to be replaced its electrically operated . tends to stick or the motor drawing too much amps.