Wolfgang
Wolfgang, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Eurocar Diagnositcs
19871424

I have a six year old Q3 petrol. This morning started the

Hi, I have a six year old Q3 petrol. This morning started the car as usual and it started but a message came up that start stop had a fault and was unavailable. The engine then started to run down and cut out. It would restart but again would run down and stop.
Bob Allen, Belper

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Bob , is there a way to attach the pic of the message so i can assist?

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My Q3 will start ok, but won't run unless your foot is on the throttle. It is if it is running with less fuel than it should do. Could it be a sensor fault, like a broken thermocouple, which is stopping the ECU putting enough fuel in whilst the engine is cold?

Bob help me to help you !!

I did request of the picture of the error message that is given on the instrument cluster.

Also Did you have scan test performed to see what codes are stored?

Right now there are too many possibilities so we need to narrow it down.

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can imagine there are various reasons for the fault. I'm getting a garage involved tomorrow. Thanks

my pleasure!!

"I am showing that you have given my answer a negative rating. Keep in mind, I can only give you truthful information as simply telling you only what you wish to hear but what may not necessarily be true would only hurt you. If you are upset at your situation but not by the quality of my answer, please consider rerating positively as I am only a messenger. If you simply want more information, feel free to reply and let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction. If you have other concerns, reply and let me know. I am here to make sure you are satisfied."