Wolfgang
Wolfgang, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Eurocar Diagnositcs
19871424

My Audi A4 Quattro 3.0 TDi S-Tronic DSG, started giving

Hi, My Audi A4 Quattro 3.0 TDi S-Tronic DSG, started giving intermittent warning of Transmission Fault on Dashboard after around an hour of driving fast. Once it broke down with Gear showing N (when selected gear was D or R).
OBD fault codes were P179E00 and P179F00. Transmission drive range signal and circuit malfunction, both errors show intermittent. When doing clutch adaptation it also showed error P175C00, however this got cleared by mechanic and never came back.
Its 2010 Audi A4 quattro 3.0 TDi, with OB5 gearbox, Reg YJ60 FCN
ThanksZak

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

* WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.

* FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.

* PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.

* UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.

* RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

does the vehicle move and operates normal?

In the spare tire area is a 3x5 white options sticker. Can you take a pic and post the pic here to get factory info to assist. Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Vehicle moves and operates normally for an hour, or more if driven without applying many breaks. However after driving for an hour or more it gives warning sing on dashboard screenshot attached, obd faults first showed three errors screenshot attched, while perform clutch adaptation another error showed up screenshot attached, however this code was cleared by mechanic and never came back. Sticker in spare tire area is also attached.
I think the gearbox was repaired previously, as there is no undertray underneath it.

ok you will need to replace the g676 sensor and the wiring loom inside the trans needs to be replaced.

there is a technical bulletin for this issue

Audi dealer repair on this case!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating my answer does not cost you extra. Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks and my pleasure!

Wolfgang

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you please advise
a usual name for g676 sensor, is g676 Audi part number? If yes what is this part called in english, need to look for it in part store.
Can you also advise on sensor’s location on car, is it inside the gearbox or only Mechatronics need to be removed to instal it?
Also the wiring loom inside the trans, can you tell what do you mean by trans?
Does wiring loom part come with g767 sensor if purchase?
Its only due to recent experience if mechanics not giving me correct information in order to get paid more than their work. Your help is much appriciated.

you will need all of these part #'s

1. 0b5321371e
  2. n10405702
  3. g052513a2 (x5)
  4. g052529a2 (x8)
  5. 0b5927321L
  6. 0b5321391a
  7. amv18800102
  8. 0b5301515h
  9. wht001955
  10. wht002459 (x28)
  11. wht001958b (x2)
  12. 0b5301227c
  13. 0b5323525b
  14. 0b5311113f
  15. 0b5315105tc
  16. 0b5315105ta
  17. 0b5325571
  18. 0b5311944b (x4)
  19. 0b5321473
  20. wht005379
  21. wht003379
  22. 0b5301311e

This is all of the parts you will need to do the job!!

There are special tools involved with this available only at the Audi dealer!!

There you go!!

My pleasure

Wolfgang

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Most of above parts are bolts and nuts. All I need is full name and part number of:
G676 Sensor
Wiring loop inside the trans
And their location within gearbox or valve body.

You will need all of these parts to do the job.

This repair is a dealer repair or transmission shop repair with the correct tooling.

see tech bulletin!!

That is all in a nutshell