mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Airbag light on after i switch passanger sit Assistant: Is

Customer Question

airbag light on after i switch passanger sit
Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: no
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: 2008 a4
Assistant: Are you fixing your A4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just replace the passanger seat cover
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master Audi Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.
  1. did you have a scan to see what codes are stored?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

There is a possibility that when you did the seat you did not disconnect the battery and the code was set.

it may only need a clearing but a scan tool is needed!!

please do let me know and keep me in the loop !! that would be the first thing to see if it is just a stored code or a active code!!