sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have an Audi A4 B8.5. Facelift model. I have had an issue

Customer Question

Hi I have an Audi A4 B8.5. Facelift model. I have had an issue with my squib/clockspring. So I have replaced it with another one exact same part code etc etc. However I am 99% sure that the replacement has been fitted correctly. Centralised before fitting etc. Right since fitting, battery disconnected and other safety measures, my dashboard is showing multiple errors traction control. Steering wheel with an exclamation mark. And the curly one looks like the old glow plug warning. Steering is stiff. My question is simply could this be a coding issue or something more deadly. Thanks in advance. Regards Rich
Category: Audi
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am José Sebastián and I will attend your inquiry. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.
Dear customer, following your indications and the process you did, it shows me that your problem lies in your electro-assisted steering. But to be sure, I want to know, before you took all these steps with the clockspring, did you check the steering rotor? And their power with the connector?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
All the obvious checks were made and nothing seemed to be untoward. Thanks
Dear customer, if you have tried all my recommendation s I gave you, you must change the steering rotor as I said before.
Please if my services help you do not forget to rate my answers in the rating stars system.
I am sorry for my delay. I hope to improve this aspect in the future. Have a good day!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My car is in the garage being checked. I will rate when I have the outcome. It looks like your suggestion of it being the steering rotor is incorrect. My initial thoughts of it being a coding issue may have been correct.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer, let me know how it goes. i am attentive

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have just heard from the garage. The issue WAS coding. And NOT the steering rotor or it’s connections. As you advised.

I am glad you found a solution. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, i read in your question that you programmed the switchboard when you installed it. Furthermore I said to check the feed(power) to the rotor. As you confirmed that you did all the pertinent tests. What seems strange to me is that, if it was deprogrammed, how the module send signal to the rotor (if effectively the test was done).
My apologies for being negligent, sometimes it is hard to make diagnostic without being with the car. I could have caused you an unnecessary spent. I'm really thankful for your corrections that make me improve my services.
If there is something I could do to improve my rating, please let me know.