Wolfgang
Wolfgang, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Eurocar Diagnositcs
19871424

I have a 2011 q5 3.0se The gearbox has started to show

I have a 2011 q5 3.0se
The gearbox has started to show juddering in slow traffic upon change to second.
A bit of web research reveals this is not good so I took up the opportunity to grab a low mile 2012 q5 complete tranny from a local breaker.
My question is do I need any fancy computer/main dealer input to get this to work.
Swapping the mechanical bits are not any trouble it is just the potential electronics that are a concern.

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master Audi Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Ok first you need to make sure that the tranny 3 digit code on the plate must match!!!

If it does match then it will have to go to the Audi dealer to have it programmed .

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating my answer does not cost you extra. Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

Note down the road if you need any other assistance just request me. Please also "Wolfgang only" in the question and i will be glad to help !!

Have a safe one!!

My pleasure

Wolfgang

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks,
Where is the plate? Can it be viewed on the transmission in the car?Andrew

can you locate the options sticker that is located in the spare tire area? see example and post pic of it here please

thanks

andrew any new updates?

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have not found that sticker yet.
I will look further.Thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I found the info but can’t seem to up load.

it has to be a LAW transmission code

audi calls it a 0b5 transmission

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The one I have here as a spare is
GEARBOX CODE: LAW / NHC
Do you think that it would be a straight swap?
but there will be reprogramming needed by Audi dealer
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Wolfgang,Thanks for the info.Can you give an idea if what would be involved with the reprogram as to time or cost.
I was planning of running the original box for as long as possible before doing any changeMy car is currently approaching 140000 miles and is otherwise in good order.

about 2 hrs of labor . factory scan tool only hooked up to Audi server in Germany!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue! You have come here for assistance and assistance I have given!!

Thanks and my pleasure!

Wolfgang

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks very much.Kind regards,Andrew

my pleasure!!