Wolfgang
Wolfgang, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Eurocar Diagnositcs
19871424

Clutch stuck to floor this morning, difficulty in changing

clutch stuck to floor this morning, difficulty in changing gear now
Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: no slipping no
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: Q3 2013
Assistant: Are you fixing your Q3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked brake fluid, tried pumping pedal to see if brake fluid rose
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: is this a paid service and if so how?
Assistant: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: and how much?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Difficulty engaging reverse and changing gear
No clutch slipping
Hello I’m WolfgangThe issue is the hydraulics of the clutch system.
Clutch master cylinder and/or slave cylinder has failed. Either or both items are not allowing you when you press the clutch pedal to build pressure to release the clutch. One can be changed without the trans removed but if it is the slave then the trans too needs to be removed to replace it and while you are right there replace the clutch and pressure plate at the same time
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I’d worked that out. Is there a way to test whether it is the main or slave cylinder ?
The issue it that the line fittings are a special fitting. It needs to be blocked off to see if the master would be rock hard. That is a special dealer tool only.In my experience is that if one failed the other is not too far away of failing. Due to the age and constant use I replace both with new orings for each end of the line. Note also the brake fluid by manufacturer schedule should be flushed every 2 yrs no matter what mileage is put on the vehicle. Brake fluid collects moisture and with not flushing the fluid creates an acid that will eat at the rubber parts of the system. The brakes and clutch uses the same fluid from one reservoir which is the brake reservoir.
anything else?
if not.....
I try to be online 365 days a year.
I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.
This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!
A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!
I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!
Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating my answer does not cost you extra. Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!Thanks and my pleasure!
Wolfgang