sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I got Audi q7 2013. Cluster Panel Gear Positions Light up

Customer Question

Hi I got Audi q7 2013 . Cluster Panel Gear Positions Light up only on p and n not on R and D
Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: You know red light illuminate when you change gear to r and d
Assistant: Are you fixing your Q7 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No getting from dealer tomorrow and report this prob to him he said it's only led strip light
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: But after changing the strip its same
Category: Audi
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well will wait until tomorrow. Is just to check if there no big problem in gear shift . Display on the dashboard screen is ok .
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 6 months ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, I would like to help you. Do you still need it?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How long do you need and what other info you require?

Dear customer I understand your query usually the main reason is that the LED suffers a defect in the lights that do not turn on in your case is R and D, but as noted that you have already replaced the strip and the problem persists, i consider aa problem higher.

What may be happening dear customer and I would like to rule out is a drawback of deprogramming in the dashboard system many times electronic systems are deprogrammed like any other system causing some indicators do not work, the way to solve this using a diagnostic equipment with the Audi software suitable for your q7, with the diagnostic equipment doing the factory data reset and a reprogramming of the electronic system of the dashboard and in this way check and rule out that the inconvenience does not come from this kind of problems.

If you have already ruled out this. Unfortunately the problem is going to be in the communication of the board signal to the indicators, what happens is that the dashboard is made up of an electronic board made up of different transistors and resistance that manages the correct functioning of the dashboard as in other electronic components, actually dear customer, this board is repaired we disassemble the board and take it to a specialist in electronic components and external review cribs special equipment to observe if the problem can be solved by replacing one of the components only, in this way the technician will be able to indicate if it is an internal problem of the board in terms of the continuity of the power that turns on the indicator or if it is an integrated component or transistor that merits replaces. These jobs are not very expensive. Although many times it may be more economical to get a second-hand board from another than to replace the same electronic components because if there are several idamage the cost can increase.

Before taking the vehicle to the dealership or an independent garage. I am going to recommend you first verify all the fuses located under the dashboard and under the engine compartment you can also by yourself do a small dismantling of the board by observing the rear connections and It is very normal that during the winter seasons the humidity causes corrosion in the connections or that the wiring suffers some damage.

I hope my information has been of your utility please let me know if you have understood me?