AudiDoc
AudiDoc, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Independent European garage owner. Over 20 years experience
14582033

My audi q5 2013 has a problem with the scrolling on the mmi

Customer Question

My audi q5 2013 has a problem with the scrolling on the mmi centre.
JA: Are you fixing your Q5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It does not run concurrentey. when scrolling if goes in a random way, like unlocking a safe
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Wikk wait
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will wait
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 8 months ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  AudiDoc replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** will be helping you with your Audi question. I've seen cases like this happen that are typically caused by something getting spilled on or near the scroll wheel. You can try disassembling the control panel, cleaning and using an electrical contact cleaner to restore proper functionality, but in many cases, the control assembly will have to be replaced.

Please let me know if I can offer further information.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Jason
This communication is very slow, can you phone me.
07855 665564
Expert:  AudiDoc replied 8 months ago.

Unfortunately, I'm unavailable by phone, but can continue via this format if you have further questions.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is so slow, I will not be using again.
Expert:  AudiDoc replied 8 months ago.

I know the question was posed 2 days ago, but I was only just now alerted to it, so answered as quickly as I could.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Its not your fault. Its this system. If you want to advise me call me I ll pay you. No problem.
Expert:  AudiDoc replied 8 months ago.

I did offer what I believe to be the answer when I first responded, but will paste is again here:

Hello, my name is ***** ***** will be helping you with your Audi question. I've seen cases like this happen that are typically caused by something getting spilled on or near the scroll wheel. You can try disassembling the control panel, cleaning and using an electrical contact cleaner to restore proper functionality, but in many cases, the control assembly will have to be replaced