experteer
experteer,
77184159

A5 Coup- S line 2.0 TFSI quattro 225 PS S tronic 2014

A5 Coup- S line 2.0 TFSI quattro 225 PS S tronic 2014 55,615
JA: What year is your Quattro?
Customer: 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Quattro yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No its with a Audi service center
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I took the car in for its major service and investigation of rumbling when braking coming from the front wheels. The center carried out the service and investigation which included “ stripping the brakes” to investigate the rumbling. They replaced the front disks as they had “excessive” corrosion and replaced the brake fluid. When I went to pick the car up the gear shift/brake pedal interlock solenoid is now very loud. Note have had the car 4 years and up until yesterday there was zero noise from the interlock solenoid. I left the car with the service centre last night for them to investigate, but i want to know is there anything from the work they carried out that could have inadvertently led to this noise now occurring from the interlock, bearing in mind the lock is activated by depressing the brake pedal.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? When was it last changed?
Customer: Yesterday

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

During the work carried out, nothing is done to lock the selector lever, you do not even get close to the lock. Thus a direct connection can be excluded.

To be honest, I have never experienced that (even at Audi) the magnetic armatures unlock totally without any device. One always hears a sound.

However, since you are on site and can evaluate the device directly, I cannot rule out that the lock is a little louder than normal, this can happen over time, as dust etc. settle in the mechanics.

Audi can try to clean the lock a little and lubricate it gently if necessary. If this doesn't help, the selector lever unit has to be replaced, but this would be a big intervention for the device, which doesn't affect it except for the click. You would then have to decide whether it is worth it to you.

In any case, you can say that the work done has nothing to do with the device.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thank you michael. The noise is noticably loud whihc is why I noticed it. I am an aircraft engineer and used to trouble shooting technical issues so I cant bring myself to belive that this change in status is only a coincidence. However, I thnak you for your quick reply and will wait to hear from the Audi service center. Enjoy your day, best regards Scott

You're very welcome.

I understand you, but the work you do does not even come close to the lock, which is why a connection is not plausible for me. As a full-time motor vehicle expert, I am confronted with such cases on a daily basis.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
What's your thoughts if the brake system has not been bleed well enough ?

No, the brake system is hydraulic, every smallest bladder would cause the brake pedal to drop immediately and you couldn't brake or only very badly. The release itself is also electrically controlled.

You press the brake pedal, the control unit recognizes this, turns on the brake light on the one hand and on the other hand there is the signal to unlock the lock.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thanks Michael

You`re welcome