Steve
Steve, Technician
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty years
106618989

I just bought a second hand Audi A3 2016. The mirrors won’t

Hi. I just bought a second hand Audi A3 2016. The mirrors won’t fold in when I lock it. There’s no option on the side door panel and it’s a really limited menu on the MMI. There is no option for anything to do with the mirrors.
Assistant: Are you fixing your A3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I’ve tried looking at the manual, google and forums to no avail.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that’s fine thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pic 1
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pic 2

Hi thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified technician hopefully I can help you with your problem.

the fold command in the MMI menu should be under the central locking menu. If you go to the central locking menu shown in your first picture you should then get the options of:

Unlock doors

Lock exterior hatch handle (may say trunk)

Fold Mirrors

Tone when locking

If you go to the Fold mirror command and ensure it is switched to on, the mirrors should then fold on locking.

I hope this helps and answers your question, if it does please click accept and rate me, even after doing this you can ask any further questions.

Thank you for using the service.

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Steve. Thanks for answering. I don’t have that option, I’m afraid. I’ll send a picture of what I have.

I just double checked the manual mirror switch picture you sent and I see it has heat but no fold option. Doing a bit more research on your A3 it seem the mirror fold was an option.

Have you been able to fold them at all and do they have the tilt on reverse function.

Steve

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ah ok. Thanks for that. So does that mean there’s a possibility it wasn’t installed? I only just got it. I just assumes it would be a function as standard.Also, I’m not entirely sure what you mean by tilt on reverse function. Sorry.

Hi yes it probably hasn't got the function.

on 2015 models, power folding side-view mirrors were available on the A3 Premium Plus trim with the Convenience Package. However on the 2016 model they were only on the A3 and S3 Prestige lines.

The tilt on reverse function tilts the mirror glass down towards the kerb when parking to assist in parking against the kerb without scrubbing tyres.

Do get back to me if you need any more, if happy please click accept.

Many thanks Steve

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh right, ok. I definitely don’t have that tilt on reverse function. I guess that means that I don’t have them! Oh well. Thanks very much for your help.

Your welcome, thank you for the rating.

Steve