Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

We had a conversation the other day about my Audi a1 tdi

Customer Question

Hi there we had a conversation the other day about my Audi a1 tdi that concludes with the thought that the problem was that swirl flaps were fitted in my car. However when taking the car to mechanics they have informed me it isn’t fitted with swirl flaps. So I was wondering if you had any other thoughts on what the problem could be?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 2 years ago.

Hi you should of got back to me on the original discussion.

Could you give me the VIN number so I can get the part number regards Gavin.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried to get back to you on the other chat but it was sending me to chat to other people, cars at the garage not sure where documents are, is there another way to find the VIN number?

On the log book 17 digits long can I speak to the garage at some point .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Think the log book is in the car, will I get his number for you?

Give me the reg number again I should be able to get it and will be back with you tomorrow enjoy your evening regards Gavin.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
St62jwj

Morning I will get the VIN and engine code and get back to you .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you

Just to confirm yes there are swirl flaps in the inlet manifold as stated spoke to a friend that works with VAG group and yes it is a common issue if you want me to speak to your garage I am fine with that regards Gavin.

Also as you are stuck between what I say to and what your garage says my number is ***** regards Gavin.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I will pass the number on to him

No worries .

How are they getting on with your Audi ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I passed on your number. Did he not phone?

Yes I had a conversation and I gave him my email as I wanted some pictures but not had anything through .

Just looked and checked for the 3rd time so I am 100% and yes it has swirl flaps and I would next look at them as part of the diagnosing procedure . I wonder whether he feels a bit awkward as he says it does not have them he shouldn't. £435 inc VAT for the inlet manifold if it turns out to be that so make sure it is diagnosed correctly as that is a costly error if not if you need me just get back to me regards Gavin.