Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

I am having a problem with Audi Car, UK, i have check the

Customer Question

Hi i am having a problem with Audi Car
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have check the car with a diagnostics and its giving me error code
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: sorry i need a machanic
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I require a mechanic not a solicitor
Expert:  Stephen Rothwell replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question my name is ***** ***** I am a fully skilled vehicle tecnician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help.

If you would like to let me have the vehicle details and the code you have I wiil let you know the area of the problem.

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Steve,
Its a Audi Q7 2016 model car. Car is running perfect. The code I am having is B13C813(windshield heater for front sensor system- Open circuit/ short circuit) on a Autel Diagnostics. On dash it says Audi pre sense fault as a warning.Best Wishes
Imran

Hi Imran

That code is indicating an fault in the heating and ventilation system screen demist sensor system for the auto setting. It won't affect the running of the motor at all but may prevent the auto de-mist operating.

Given the age of the motor I would imagine its nothing more serious that a loose plug on one of the sensors, but the problem would be accessing the plugs which will be under the dash.

I would also check the codes out using the VAG software as often slight conflicts in the software will cause a code to come up on the Autel software when there isn't actually a problem...

I am presuming you don't have a management light up at all.

I hope this answers your question but do please ask any further details by replying to this thread.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue. even

after clicking accept you can continue to ask further questions by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve

Hi Imran

I have just rechecked the info, the pre sense fault warning refers to the camera in the screen, the windshield heating refers to the screen heater demister to keep the camera clear, this may be a connection problem to the windscreen and it may be best to get the main dealer to check this out, the vehicle isnt far out of warranty and the dealer may be able to put a good will claim in if it serious. The vehicle may need a new screen to rectify the problem and that will then need setting up.

Steve