experteer
experteer,
77184159

I need to know there is engine light is coming on the car, I

Customer Question

I need to know there is engine light is coming on the car, I have shown to car repair he is saying that there is no problem in the car and removed that pop, now the light is again coming, what is the best way I can get it rectified with less cost on inspection as it makes me spend amount on inspection and nothing comes out
Category: Audi
Expert:  experteer replied 18 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is Michael, I would like to help you.

What kind of vehicle is it?

Which error code was stored that the workshop deleted?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
There is no error shown in the diagnostic but the engine management light is again showing.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Earlier it was showing engine management light which there was no issue shown in the diagnostic and he deleted the light but after sometime it is again showing
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
So there is 100% problem in the engine but there is success in the diagnostic
Expert:  experteer replied 17 days ago.

This cannot be, if the motor lamp is on, an error is also stored in the memory.

It is possible that the error will be deleted after the engine is switched off, so the memory should be grounded before switching off the engine.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks for your reply. I am confused there can be issue or there cannot be any issue?
Expert:  experteer replied 17 days ago.

When the lamp lights up, the motor has detected an error and also stored a firmware code in the memory.

Either an unsuitable device has been used for reading out the error, or the error clears itself when the motor is switched off.