Phillip H
Phillip H,
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

New throttle fitted by audi dealer in Devon 11 months ago.

Customer Question

new throttle fitted by audi dealer in Devon 11 months ago. Now the original problem has returned. Will my local audi dealer sort this for me under the terms of the original warranty
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 119000
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Phillip H replied 1 month ago.

Hiya

You would have to take the vehicle back to Audi for diagnosis. If the present fault is caused by the part they fitted 11 months ago then you should get warranty on this as it is within the year (most manufacturers offer a year on Parts Warranty).

If however it is found to be something else causing the fault then you will usually be asked to pay for the diagnosis even if you didn't want them to complete the repair.

Hope this helps.

Phillip

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for this but I don't want to drive 300 miles to go to tne origina dealer. My question really was whether I can sort everything through a local dealer
Expert:  Phillip H replied 1 month ago.

Hiya

Unfortunatly you didn't mention you were 300 miles from the original dealer!

As long as you have a receipt for the work carried out any Audi Dealer can carry out a Parts Warranty claim.

Phillip