CarDoc
CarDoc, Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

Bought my new Audi A7 in Mar’20, having spots in the chrome

Customer Question

Bought my new Audi A7 in Mar’20
JA: What year is your A7?
Customer: having white spots in the chrome trim around the window. I’m only using lifeshine products
JA: Are you fixing your A7 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: taken to the dealer but they say it’s not covered under warranty
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: could it be before they put the lifeshine coatings on the chrome trims there were some stains on the chrome
Category: Audi
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

Expert:  CarDoc replied 8 days ago.

Hi, How are you?
I'm Shabaz, one of the automotive experts, I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your car, I will do my best to help you today.

Expert:  CarDoc replied 8 days ago.

Do you have a picture of the marks on the chrome trim?

Expert:  CarDoc replied 6 days ago.

Since I received no response. I will leave you with a general answer and I hope this helps you.

What I think you are seeing, are called water spots. It means that water has dried in that spot and has left mark because water is not pure unless it's filtered or processed.

To remove these marks, you can use 2 parts vinegar mixed with 1 part water in a spray bottle. Spray this mixture on the chrome trim and leave it for a minute before wiping it off.

I hope this information was helpful. All the best and thank you for visiting JustAnswer.