Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have and Audi A3 Sportback 2013 1.4l. Today a message came

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have and Audi A3 Sportback 2013 1.4l. Today a message came on the board computer “ Gearbox malfunction, you can continue driving”. I’ve pulled over straight away and turn the engine off. Then started up again, but can’t move no forward no backwards at all. There are no shifts working at all.
JA: Does the engine spark at all? Is there a trouble code or is your "check engine light" on?
Customer: There is a warning yellow triangle at the bottom and a circular(like a shift gear wheel) on top of the screen
JA: Are you fixing your A3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had to call a recovery to drive me home gerbox not responding at all
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Audi
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 11 days ago.
Hi there , good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you todayDo you still require technical assistance with this concern
Kindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi there good morning to you
Ok does your vehicle have the 7 speed DSG automatic gearbox fittedWhen was the last gearbox service doneKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi there, my Audi has a S-tronic 7 speed automatic gearbox as it’s a petrol.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Not sure when last service on the gearbox been done. But I service it every year.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi thanks ok the 7 speed DSG auto box must have the gearbox oil abc filter replaced every 40,00 miles
This is due to the wet clutch setup which can cause clutch fibres to contaminate the oil this the oil and filter service is imperative to correct operation
If this hasn’t been done it should be the first thing that is attempted to resolve any type of DSG issues
If the fault persists then further diagnostic will be required (using diagnostic equipment )and in my experience the most common fault is a faulty mechatronic unit (this houses all the electrical solenoids and controls the gearbox operationIf you need any further help or technical assistance going forward
please let me know  and I will do my upmost to assist you
If you are  satisfied with my answer /advice thus far
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER POSITIVE as this is how iam
Accredited for my advice and time and also to build my online profile
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day stay safe
Any POSITIVE FEEDBACK/are kindly appreciated
Kindest regards ***** *****
Brian