sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a q5 2011, the right indicator stopped working

Customer Question

Hi, i have a q5 2011, the right indicator stopped working yesterday I have looked through the fuse diagrams but I cannot locate the fuse for the indicator could you help please
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your Q5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing i am trying to identify if the fuse is blown girst
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the centre drivers information lcd failed as well
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
When I indicate right sometimes the left indicator comes on as well
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, the low beam does not work with a fuse but it works with a relay known as the flasher for the indicator and hazzard lights, these are the ones that make the lights intermittently.

But the problem is more related to the controller of the lights due to the fact that sometimes when you activate the light in one direction the other is activated, this means that there are false contacts, you can surely be presenting rust or corrosion in the controller.

So my recommendation is to first check the status of the light switch or controller, I also recommend you check the light bulbs.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can based on your description, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I will look into that.
Do you know why the DIS has gone blank? Is that a fuse issue
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Dear customer, the DIS may have been left blank due to various factors. Indeed, there may be problems at the level of the fuses, but there may also be problems at the level of the wiring, so the ideal is to first check the state of the fuses and then see the wiring that It is located at the back of the cluster but sometimes it must be completely replaced the cluster to solve this problem because sometimes, it is because the pixels of the DIS screen have burned and when this happens it must be replaced because this can't be repaired.