Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

I have a 2007 Audi a3 2ltr Diesel, it has been using water

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2007 Audi a3 2ltr Diesel, it has been using water and the incar heaters do not warm up, there does not seem to be very much in the way of bubbling when running the engine with the water cap off, emissions seem to be more visible in the left exhaust port, and there is a very slight creamy residue on the oil filler cap, could you please help with a diagnosis?
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: about 3months ago, the garage said all was good when it was then serviced, it had been using a little water at the time but i put it down to the hot weather and it was only necessary to top up once a month
JA: Are you fixing your A3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not tried anything yet myself, My brother usually does my car maintenance but he has recently started a new job and so is difficult for him, and i am now not sure who to trust, we were thinking to try Kweld,
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cant think of anything
Category: Audi
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
please, I will wait for an answer.
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 15 days ago.

Has it been losing coolant out of the engine

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
coolant has needed topping up weekly, I have checked the oil and it doesn't look like water has steeped in, the cars temperature gauge is normal but inside heater does not warm up, hope this helps

Any coolnnt insiside the car.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

No I'm pretty sure it dry in the car

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

There is no coolant smell

Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 8 days ago.

Sorry for late reply been off ill.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sorry to hear you have been unwell, hope you're on the mend.

How is the car going.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
We flushed the coolant system out and it is no longer using water, the heater also started working but now it won't heat again so I think we will have to flush it all again
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sorry if there is a delay in replying, I'm at work

Would be worth checking the water pump.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
OK thank you, ***** ***** that.