sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My audi a3 tdi 2013 dashboard has stopped responding. No

Customer Question

My audi a3 tdi 2013 dashboard has stopped responding. No fuel needle movement, rev counter, indicators etc. Warning lights come on and stay on. Outside the car the lights and indicators are working. Any ideas?
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No, nothing like that.
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Audi Mechanic to figure that out. Are you fixing your A3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not tried a thing yet, it depends how easy it is, if it's just fuses fine, beyond that I think it may be a garage job.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that's it. Cheers
Category: Audi
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
as soon as possible. Thanks
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 5 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
Dear customer, I understand the type of problem that you are presenting at a dashboard level, there are several factors that have to be verified because this failure can be due to various factors not only problems or inconveniences in the dashboard.
The first thing that I recommend you is to start by checking the status of the fuses and relays located below the dashboard, since here are the fuses in charge of the cluster system, there is a high probability that the problem is due to the lack of signal in the fuses since one of them may be burned, this is precisely what causes the indicators to not be working correctly, so it is always recommended to start by checking the state of these fuses.
The second thing that is recommended is to check the state of the rear connections since in these connections there may be accumulated rust or corrosion and this causes the signals to not arrive correctly.
If all the factors I've indicated are correct, surely the integrated cluster the one in charge of giving the signals is the one that is not working correctly, it may have gotten burned, in these cases it is advisable to replace the cluster because these dashboards are not easily repaired but because of its cost the ideal would be to do this last-stop job.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can based on your description, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.