sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a few electrical problems that have occurred since a

Customer Question

Hi i have a few electrical problems that have occurred since a service. I have an A3 2012 1.6 tdci.
JA: Are you fixing your A3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes tried fuses. And bulb changes. The dash tells me to check my brake pads and right reverse light but both of these are fine. The window washer motor isnt making a noise to spray but the wipers work. The central locking wont lock but will unlock with the key. All minor annoyances really.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Yes as said above done all that. So my next thought is relay or the solenoids in the driver door? This is what good google has told me?
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Dont think so.
Category: Audi
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay and would like to know whom i am having the pleasure to chat with.

Dear customer,  what would worry me the most in your case is a deprogramming of the electronic electrical system of your Audi. First, I would check how the fuses and relays are first, but it seems to me that you already did it.

At this point, I would perform a simple reset of the factory data, the Audis have this detail that sometimes can be misconfigured and when doing a factory data reset, it brings without diagnostic equipment, nothing of the other world is solved and it is not that you have to go to the dealership any multi-brand garage with Vagcom software can do it.

About the central locking system,  as it has already checked the relays, it would go through the solenoid on the door.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.