Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

My uncle has fitted a detachable towbar but cant seem to

Customer Question

my uncle has fitted a detachable towbar but cant seem to find where to plug the wiring into
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?
Customer: Hi Will know he said the lights are led so not powerful enough to use
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: audi cabriolet 2011 sline
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My uncle has fitted the tow bar as he has fitted lots before but cant figure out where to hook the electrics up to
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Audi
Expert:  Phillip H replied 11 days ago.

Hiya

Is this a Genuine Audi Towbar Electrics Kit you are using?

Is so then the wiring will either be fitted into the rear lamp units (you remove the multiplug and then you fit the connectors for the towbar wiring kit into this.

The other sort I have seen have a wiring loom that runs the length of the vehicle and plugs into a connector behind the glove box.

If you haven't got a Genuine Audi Kit I would suggest you purchase one as you can cause damage to the modules that control the lighting systems due to overloading the modules.

Phillip