Kevin
Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

Whilst driving at 50 mph my wheel came of the hub and caused

Customer Question

Hi.Whilst driving at 50 mph my wheel came of the hub and caused 3k worth of damage to the alloy, hub, left rear arm and a few other areas. Audi are quoting me £3000 but this is very expensive. Is it safe to buy the parts and get my brother to fit who is a mechanic? Audi are saying I am irresponsible picking up the car and taking it home but I’m not willing to pay their repair costs. Those parts won’t be covered under my warranty should they break in the future.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Kevin replied 14 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sarah
Expert:  Kevin replied 14 days ago.

Hi Sarah I hope you are well.ok, I can see no difference in if Audi replaces the parts or your brother.if your brother is capable of carrying out the repairs its no real different outcome then if Audi were to carry out the repairs other than the cost you will save

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks!!
Expert:  Kevin replied 14 days ago.

your very welcome