sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My alarm keeps going off I intermittently when I lock the

Customer Question

My alarm keeps going off I intermittently when I lock the door it’s a 58 plate Audi A3
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: no. I can try that but I want to sell the car and need it fixing.
JA: Are you fixing your A3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: LOl.. no not me. Christ. I can just about hang a mirror
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That battery keeps getting drained it usually down to not being used over a long time
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Audi watford ran a diagnostics and the fault was with the static horn
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Alarm goes off intermittently - Customer complains of alarm going off for no reason. Connected battery charger and ran GFF, found static fault for alarm horn, requires replacement component, testing and re-interrogation of fault
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Sebastian

Dear customer, I would like to know what reviews you have made so far. I observed that you have charged the battery but I would like to know if you have tested with a new one, because the problem with this batteries is that if the load cells are damaged, even with the battery connected to a charger, the configuration problem keeps happening. .

I would like to know if you have tested the status of the fuses and relays or if you have performed a data reset through the diagnostic tool.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Dear customer, the first thing we have to do is verify with a main battery, in addition, I recommend that you replace the key fob battery because many times the fob battery flattened causing the vehicle not to recognize the alarm system.

The second, I recommend you do a check of the fuses and ignition relays which are located in the fuse and relay box under the dash and under the engine compartment.

Finally, I recommend you check if the battery connections are right.