Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

Car is 1998 Audi A4 2.4 v6 petrol engine code AGA Model 8D.

Hi. Car is 1998 Audi A4 2.4 v6 petrol engine code AGA Model 8D. The timing chains at the back of the engine (there are belts on the front) have nylon guides which have started to disintegrate and need to be replaced.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Do you by any chance have these parts or can you source them? Engine runs fine except that we are finding bits of the nylon timing guide in the oil pan and in other parts of the engine. I have a picture if that would help. Thank you in advance. Regards *****: Are you fixing your A4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am on Isle of Man. Engine is already pulled out. We just need the pieces. Thanks *****: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Mechanic should know what I am talking about. Thanks Tony

Hiya

The only place I would be getting these from is the local Audi Dealer.  You can find your nearest dealer here: Audi Dealer Locator.

Alternatively you can source Audi Parts from TPS who are the Parts Supplier for VAG Group.  You can find them here: Trade Parts Supplies Locator.

They would be my first preference for Parts.. If for some unusual reason they can't help then try Euro Car Parts (Euro Car Parts Locator) but ensure that you purchase a good quality part such as FAI because the last thing you want to do is to be pulling the Engine out in another year!

Phillip

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Hiya

No problem at all.

Phillip