sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My Audi A1, year 2015, reg RV15 MKU, won't start after being

Customer Question

Hi, my Audi A1, year 2015, reg RV15 MKU, won't start after being off road for a few months. We tried to jump start it today, and it still won't start, there is a message "battery discharging" on the panel
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No corrosion, they look quite new. The battery, according to my charger is fine... And it wouldn't even try to start even when jump-starting it, connected to another car
JA: What is the model of your '15 Audi?
Customer: Just a second, I'll find out
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We haven't tried anything else, just jump-starting it. First even the key didn't work, then the key worked fine once it was connected to another car with cables. The model is TFSI
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I can think of, no...
Category: Audi
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, after several months with a car sit, several problems can be generated, the most difficult to solve is that the key is deprogrammed with the ignition system, which is very frequent.

My recommendation is that you start by checking the status of the fuses and relays because when installing a new battery even installing the current one, the sudden change in voltage can cause some fuses to burn out.

Also, I do not recommend that you use the same battery, even if you get the right voltage, the amperage may not be correct, normally the amperage can be affected when the load cells of a battery are damaged and when they are flattened for so long, they can get stuck.

Then, check the key fon battery which may also be flattened.

And finally, reprogram the key with the key vehicle's recognition system.