Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

Can you tell me how often the adblu tanks need replacing on

Customer Question

Can you tell me how often the adblu tanks need replacing on audi's. My Q5 is 2016 and had 3 year warantee from 15/1/17 and I've just had to pay 2k to replace tank and ecu unit after only 65k miles
JA: Are you fixing your Q5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've had to take to audi to fix it as no garages near me do that. I have just become aware that this is an issue with audi cars and they changed the adblue tanks but now want to know if this is likely to happen again in ankther 65k miles or 4 years
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That's it really. Thank you
Category: Audi
Expert:  Phillip H replied 17 days ago.

Hiya

The simple answer is that it would be impossible to tell you!  If the part has been modified then potentially it could last longer than that.  All depends on usage and the type of driving etc.  It isn't just Audi that suffer from this problem.  We have had some issues with Nissans too.

You could contact Audi Customer Services and tell them you don't feel that this should have happened after only 65000 miles.  You may find that in  the interests of Customer Satisfaction that they may look at paying some of the cost you have incurred.

Phillip