Kevin
Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

There is no sound from the radio, it came with the car. I

Customer Question

There is no sound from the radio
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: it came with the car. I got the amplifier replaced a few months ago because the first one was water damaged im wondering could the amplifier be gone again
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: Audi a4 b8 2008
JA: Are you fixing your A4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ye i didnt really start yet just checked fuses there all ok
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: When i replaced the amplifier there was sound from one side of the car because it wasnt coded yet
Category: Audi
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ill wait
Expert:  Kevin replied 14 days ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?
Expert:  Kevin replied 14 days ago.

I'm sorry to hear you are suffering from this issue with your radio, I totally understand how frustrating this is. If everything else is working normally it's very likely the replacement amp has also failed as the sound output comes from the amplifier however it would be wise to get the component protection removed from the unit first. Unfortunately, the dealer online tool would be needed to carry this out. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!