Kevin
Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

I have an Audi TT S Line Coupe, approx 10yrs old. The alarm

Customer Question

Hi, I have an Audi TT S Line Coupe, approx 10yrs old. The alarm keeps going off for no apparent reason - can you advise?
JA: What year is your TT?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your TT yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not really sure how to sort the problem out
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Audi
Expert:  Kevin replied 13 days ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi, I am Julia, nice to meet you
Expert:  Kevin replied 13 days ago.
Hi Julia I hope you are well. I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with your alarm, I understand exactly how frustrating this can be. The first step here is to get the car connected to a scan tool because we can read from the data the last 4 causes of the alarm being triggered. This very quickly gives info to go about diagnosing the cause. The most common causes are the electronic switch on the bonnet that tells the car if the bonnet is open or closed and the siren is also a very common failure because it has a small battery inside and these leak battery acid and damage the circuit board inside
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Kevin, how do I get it connected to a scan tool? Would a Halfords autocentre be able to deal with it?
Expert:  Kevin replied 13 days ago.
Unfortunately Halfords are unlikely to be able to assist with this one and I would recommend a proper garage
Expert:  Kevin replied 12 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!