Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

Ive error code U1111000 coming up on my Audi A8L D5. The

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: ive error code U1111000 coming up on my Audi A8L D5. The Drive Select feature is not working insofar that I cannot select Comfort Efficiency Dynamic mode etc. Is there a fuse/relay for this? I’ve reset the MMI display to no avail. I’ve also cleared the fault code and it just came back up straight away
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 90k Km and replaced the 12v battery yesterday. No problem starting the car just the usual sign of battery failing with the engine recuperation not operating as often as it should.
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: A8 D5 2018
JA: Are you fixing your A8 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just as I’ve outlined nothing else
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I’d say that’s it

Hiya

U codes are communication errors.  You have either got a fault with the CAN or LIN Bus System or a fault with the Control Module.

The first port of call with this woul dbe a full Diagnostic Code Read followed by a CAN Bus Diagnostic which should show up any faults with the CAN lines.

Following this it will be a case of Continuity Check on whichever CAN Lines are showing as not working,  If the Continuity Check of the CAN Lines are ok then it points to the Control Module.

For further information on CAN Diagnosis you can look at the Diagnostic Information on ErWin which will also show you teh Wiring Diagrams.  This is available here: Audi ErWin

Phillip

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Cheers Philip
Will try that.Thanks for your prompt responseRegardsWillie