Steve
Steve, Technician
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty years
106618989

I bought a car in January 2020, this was a 2015 Audi A4 with

Hi, I bought a car in January 2020, this was a 2015 Audi A4 with a full service history and 59582 miles. Within three months the clutch was worn out. I don't have the exact mileage on that but I am finding out however it was around 1000 miles later. Is it realistic and/or likely that this would happen in this time?Later this was replaced however at 2097 miles from purchase (so around 1000 miles later again) the drive shaft fell off, they claim this is unrelated. Am I right in saying that the drive shaft must be removed to change the clutch and that if new stretch bolts are not used this could be the cause?

Welcome to JA. My name is***** am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.
You will receive an offer of a phone call by the system, this only needs to be accepted if you wish to speak to me, I can otherwise continue to answer your questions via the thread.

It is difficult to say if the previous owner was not good with the clutch, then it is possible for the clutch to have worn in such a way.

You are also correct in saying that if the driveshafts were not properly secured after the clutch job (yes they do need to be removed) then this could have resulted in them coming loose and causing the problem of the driveshaft coming off.

I hope this answers your question but I want you to be 100% happy with the answer so do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.
Thank you for using Just Answer
Steve

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** consider it likely that the clutch could become warn within this time or if it's likely the clutch was warn at purchase?Also is it usual for the driveshaft to come off for any other reason? And is there anywhere such as a work manual I could use as proof that the drive shaft needs to be removed to replace the clutch?

The clutch if previously wearing could become noticeably worn in a short time as the modern clutch does self adjust and often does not show signs of wear until late in its life.

So this is possible.

Give me one minute I will check if the procedure is available to send over to you outlining that the driveshafts do need to be removed.

Do you have the registration number please so I may access the full information.

Steve

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
RJ15FEV

Thank you for that

I am attaching a PDF showing the procedure for the clutch removal / replacement, this clearly shows the removal of the driveshafts is needed.

Steve

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you so much, it's very helpful

Your very welcome.

Steve

It was a pleasure to assist you today. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.
Steve