sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have an audi A6 that had a new car key supplied by a

Customer Question

i have an audi A6 that had a new car key supplied by a locksmith and since then the rear doors and windows no longer work. the locksmith says the error code 03681 "invalid SIgnature" has come up and has no idea what this is or how it occured. any ideas?
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: What year is your A6?
Customer: 2017
JA: Are you fixing your A6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The locksmith has spent hours trying to solve the problem but he doesnt think he casued the issue but the doors and windows worked perfectly, i dont have the skill to fix the issue
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Audi
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 14 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, the error code you present does not represent any apparent fault, I don't know how the technician got the error code but it is not in the log.

From what you describe in your query, it seems that the recognition system is having problems, maybe the key given by the locksmith is not suitable for your Audi or the technician does not have the right equipment to perform the programming.

I think it is best to have an audi technician do this work.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No thanks that’s fine thanks for responding

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.