Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

Looking for help with rear lights on q3, rear brake

Customer Question

Looking for help with rear lights on q3
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: rear brake indicator left
JA: What year is your Q3?
Customer: 2013 . Old is 4 pin and new is 6 pin connector but is there a diagram to match up colour wires
JA: Are you fixing your Q3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes bought new connector but need to know which colours match up with old
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no thanns
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer unfortunately there is no diagram as the connector should be a 4 pin connector you have probably installed the wrong tail lights for your model.
I don't know if there is anything I can help you with but I would not be able to help you with the installation as you are installing the wrong one.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I got the part as advised for my Reg
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Do you know where I can get the 4 pin connector ?

Dear customer, you can try Ebay, but ideally you should go directly to the dealer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I checked and the connector is 6 pin but only 4 used on old and new 6 wires have been put in. I tried replicating like for like abd leaving 2 wires out but these wires must be needed as light isn’t as strong and Brake flashes when indicating
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The part is a manufacturer same code 6q0937702

Dear customer, I will proceed to release your query, so that another expert can proceed to help you.

Expert:  Phillip H replied 16 days ago.

Hiya

The wiring diagram and connector views are available on Audi Erwin. This will enable you to match the wiring to your connector.

Audi Erwin is available here: Audi ERWIN

Phillip