AutoDoc1
AutoDoc1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Production Manager/Technician
104489976

I was listening music and when is, I was listening music and

Customer Question

Hello. I was listening music and when is
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: I was listening music and I turned the volume to maximum and after the music stopped. I cannot hear anything. Even the radio is not working Audi A7 2019
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: no
JA: Are you fixing your A7 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well I’m in the car right now. I coming back from work
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That’s the problem. There is something easy which I can do it myself or I need to go to the mecanic?
Category: Audi
Expert:  AutoDoc1 replied 8 days ago.

Who do I have the pleasure of speaking with today?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi. I’m Alin. I just have a problem with the music in my car.
Expert:  AutoDoc1 replied 8 days ago.

Hello Alin and welcome to JustAnswer!  My name is ***** ***** I will be able to assist you. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out.

Thank you for taking the time to let us help you out with this problem and hopefully we can sort it out quickly.

Expert:  AutoDoc1 replied 8 days ago.

It sounds like there's a software glitch.

Many automotive systems today rely on software. Should that software develop errors, which can happen from something like a low battery, disconnecting the battery, or interrupting a learn procedure, it can cause all sorts of odd electrical problems that can be hard to troubleshoot. Try doing a battery cable reset; it just might do the trick. A battery cable reset forces all capacitors to discharge faster, and clears and resets most control unit volatile memory. It's like removing and reinstalling the battery in a cell phone that's acting weird or locking up.
Before you start, make sure the battery is fully charged. A low battery can cause problems with
electronics.

Now, follow these steps:

1.Turn/push the ignition switch to LOCK (Off), and remove the key from the vehicle.  This lessens the chance of voltage spikes.

2.Disconnect the battery cables-negative cable first, then positive.

3.Connect the positive and negative battery cables together. (make sure the cables are disconnected from the battery and they do not come in contact with the battery terminals)

4.Turn/push the ignition switch to ON (Not start), and wait 10 minutes.

5.Turn/push the ignition switch to LOCK (Off), and remove the key from the vehicle.

6.Reconnect the battery cables to the battery.  Positive cable first, then negative.

If this reset doesn't work then you will need to connect a scan tool to the vehicle and check for trouble codes and also check the inputs/outputs of the module and also check for software errors.  Can you do this?

Expert:  AutoDoc1 replied 8 days ago.

It has been my pleasure to help you today Alin, and I hope I have given you a satisfactory answer.  If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know.  It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is any more I can do.  I invite you to ask me any follow-up questions.  Thank you for using our site and for trusting me to answer your question.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your help. I’m going to try this tomorrow.
Expert:  AutoDoc1 replied 8 days ago.

You're very welcome Alin.  I'm glad to help!