Kevin
Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

The navigation won’t initialize, 2021 q5, Just trying to

Customer Question

The navigation won’t initialize
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: 2021 q5
JA: Are you fixing your Q5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just trying to turn it on again.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t know how to fix it
Category: Audi
Expert:  Kevin replied 11 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Expert:  Kevin replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I hope you are well. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your navigation system and I totally understand how frustrating this is. If the nav system is stuck on initializing this is most likely a software issue and a reset or updates are required to rectify the vehicle should be returned to the dealership for this because it's still within the warranty period.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!