How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 18937
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now

Dear Sir/MadamI have been appointed joint executor for

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam I have been appointed joint executor for my deceased uncle in Australia. It has been pointed out to me that I could be caught up in a law called jurisdictional absence, whereby the other executor could ask to have me removed. Can I fight this, should I visit Australia to get round the problem. The other executor has been particularly difficult with regard to the way the estate has been distributed, and of course I am keen that the beneficiaries are treated fairly. Can you please advise

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I apologise for the inconvenience but it has come to our attention that you have asked a question about Australia Law, where does not have active professionals.

If you find that your question is not getting answered you may want to consider posting your question on the US version of our site,, where your question would be made available to a wider range of professionals. You may be able to get an answer faster on the US version of JustAnswer.

You will need to place a new deposit on the US site. You can get a refund of your deposit on the UK site by following this link:

Please let me know if you need further assistance,