How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 18935
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now

My ex wife lives in Australia with my three children, whist

Customer Question

My ex wife lives in Australia with my three children, whist she was in the uk I paid child support but when they moved to Australia that obviously stopped because she could no longer claim as she lived outside the uk.
We agreed that the money I was not paying in child support I should use to visit them in Australia which I have done on three occasions out of the last four years. She also agreed to bring them back to the uk once a year but they have not been back once.
I have today received an application for child support assessment from the Australian authorities so my question is do I have any choice about this or not?
Craig kettle
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 3 years ago.
Good Morning

My name is Leon and I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. 

I am sorry to say but you o not have a choice.

You will be assessed and they will collect the money through the UK system.

There is an agreement between the 2 countries on child support.

I am sorry But you are going to have to pay child support.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?