How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 18935
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now

Hi my husband and myself with our three young children would

Customer Question

Hi my husband and myself with our three young children would like to move to Australia possibly, funding is not a problem we would like to buy a business or set something up, my husband has over 35 years experience of owning various coach/bus companies and holds a managers cpc and a full pcv driving license, I have 10 years worth of office management skills and also estate agents experience however hold no paper qualifications. There is many different information regarding visas and we do not know how or what visa we could obtain, this is something we would rather do sooner rather than years later. any advice would be much appreciated.
king regards,
Jennie and Ian
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 3 years ago.
Good morning
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
If you wish to set up a business then the best you can look at is a business visa.
you should speak to the department of immigration at this stage and they can give you more details after having details of your financial position.
Alternative is a work visa or a 457 but again I cannot say more than I have said.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply,

could you please confirm if my husbands CPC managers qualification which requires him to be eligible to operate and obtain an operators license and PCV and HGV driving license is still valid in Australia? and would these qualifications be an advantage to achieve a working visa ?

kind regards.


Expert:  Leon replied 3 years ago.
You have to contact the licensing authorities here.
He should speak to the people that he is qualified and licenced through in his home country and they will give him advise on what he has to do.
It is always and advantage to be qualified and licenced particularly with working visas