How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 18935
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now

can a relative, who is not an employer, sponsor some one who

Customer Question

can a relative, who is not an employer, sponsor some one who has 417 visa and who is currently living/working in adelaide, australia and visa expires 26/4/15. his relative lives in morpeth, maitland, New Sth Wales.and has permanent residency past 20yrs ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
, thank you question, I will be happy to help you today.
Sponsor you on what basis?
What nationality are you?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


I'm Irish.

I have been living and working in Australia past 2 years. My visa is up in April 2015. If I don't get employer to sponsor me, I'll have no option but return to Ireland.

I want to get permanent residency in Australia. I'm just wondering if my cousin, who is living in Australia past 20 yrs. and who has permanent visa, be of any help to me in getting permanent visa there ?

Expert:  Leon replied 3 years ago.
Good Morning
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
A 417 holiday visa does not require sponsorship.
You apply and it gives you the right to work when you are here during your holiday.
It will not give you permanent residency and you have to look at the conditions they place on it when you get it on whether you can apply else after you arrive or whether you can stay longer.
It is no posible to say much more than this until you get the visa.