How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 46465
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now

Have a client who intends to move to Australia minimum

This answer was rated:

Have a client who intends to move to Australia for a minimum of two years.
UK registered company offering IT related services. Wants to offer these services to clients in both countries, while keeping company registered in UK. Any idea please regarding Corporation Tax and Income Tax. The director will be non-resident
Good MorningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.For tax a company is resident where the head office is. That appears to be in the UKThey will pay tax in both countries but the tax that is paid in australia will be offset in the UK under the double tax treaty. In Australia the tax rate is 30% corporate tax. Here is some information for you hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Leon and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Leon for your advise and pointing me in the right direction. Martyn