How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 46276
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now

I am a western Australian resident by birth and I have

This answer was rated:

I am a western Australian resident by birth and I have recently been made aware somebody made a false statement about me to the police . is there some way I can find out if this is true and what I was accused of with the freedom of onto act orvany other form of questioning and if this turns out to indeed be true can he be charged with any offences or can I sue him for anything for doing so . thanks
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.How did you find out? You can call the police and they may be able to search and see if you are not their system. If they have lied the police can charge them for giving a false statement but you cannot sue them for damages. Unfortunately it is not defamation I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Leon and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you