How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 45877
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now

My husband and our 2 children wish to move to Perth

This answer was rated:

My husband and our 2 children wish to move to Perth Australia ASAP. I am a hairdresser & my husband is a kitchen & bathroom fitter with no qualifications. What would be the best approach for fast emigration?
Thanks in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband is employed & I am qualified as a hairdresser but not currently working as my children are aged 2 & 5.
I am 29 & my husband is 32.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Info on possible courses/qualifications we could achieve would be good.
Or any possible way.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Are you asking about what visa you apply for? Are you an australian Citizen?

Are you planning on coming to australia as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a UK based, British citizen from birth.
I wish to emigrate to Australia with my 2 children & husband. I am a hairdresser & my husband has no formal qualifications but is a kitchen & bathroom fitter & is employed - he has many skills including tiling but has no qualifications. I need to know the fastest & easiest way to obtain residency in Perth, Australia.

Good evening

You may be able to get a work visa 457 and then you can nominate them as dependants.

Not having qualifications he would have difficulty getting a visa to work but under yours he could work

Here is some information.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes I realise this.
What I wish to know is the type of qualification which is easiest & fastest for my husband to obtain so as we can move ASAP.

Good Evening.

If you get the visa he can come over with you. He can then find work here. You will be the main visa holder.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a self employed hairdresser - do I have to be sponsored by an employee for a 457 visa? I don't really want to work for a salon I would prefer to be free lance. How is this possible with visa ?

Good evening.

It is easier. If you want to come as a business owner you have to invest into a business.

Freelance is not an option for what you want to do,

Leon and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you