How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 48642
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now

I have a degree in Biomedical science and received a 2:1,

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have a degree in Biomedical science and received a 2:1, i'm currently employed as a medical laboratory assistant, but I have one online business and am in the process of creating a second online business, I want to work these businesses in Australia and get dual citizenship but I don't know how. I am currently a British citizen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My forecast for the first year is £165,000

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning.

Are you asking if you need dual citizenship to run the online business and earn income in australia?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I wanted to know that if I start my business can I become a a dual resident in australia without needing a permit to work, I specifically want to live in Melbourne

Good Afternoon

In order to have residency you have to physically reside in australia for 186 days. Then you are a resident for Australian Tax Purposes.

If it is a company then it has to be registered in Australian and one director has to be a permanent resident here.

So if you wish to live here you have to obtain a visa that allows you to live here.

You can only have resident in now country. If you live here you will pay tax on your worldwide income and you also will pay tax in the UK as a non resident on the income generated there.

Citizenship does not determine residency. Residency is where you physically live and have a home.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.


Leon and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you