Leon
Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
12124641

My ex partner left for austrilia some time ago before he

Customer Question

My ex partner left for austrilia some time ago before he left I brought him to court to pay mantance for his children, he is currently living in queensland and I have followed up on what he owes and is now in the process of trying to find him to get what the kids are owed to date, could he go to jail for this or what will happen in austrilia once he is found?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good morning

If you have a court order you can file an application with the child support agency in Australia and they will collect for you.

Even without a court order they will assess him and then collect it for you

The following link is for the agency.

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/child-support

You can use the links to work out what he has to pay and also apply directly online.

They will collect and send the money to you overseas.

I hope this has assisted you with your question today.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Leon