Leon
Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
12124641

Myself and 2 colleagues are going to Australia to show

Customer Question

Myself and 2 colleagues are going to Australia to show physiotherapists our techniques for 5 days. We are just being paid as normal by our uk employer. Are we ok to travel on tbe standard tourist visa.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning

You cannot travel on a tourist visa because that does not permit you work at all.

Here are the possible visas that you could apply for.

What can event participants do to help with the visa application process?

For the best possible chance of obtaining a visa to travel to Australia to attend an event, you should determine which visa you should apply for, making sure that the visa allows for the purpose of visit to Australia. For example:

• attendees, amateur performers, and volunteers (who will not be paid to participate, other than to be reimbursed for reasonable expenses such as accommodation and meals) may be eligible for a Visitor visa.
  • invited participants and speakers (whose principle intent is to impart information/facts) might be eligible for a Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) as an invited participant in an event.
  • performers, entertainers, and other persons intending to work in the entertainment industry in Australia (including, but not limited to, directors and producers) might be eligible for a Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) in an entertainment activity.
  • workers (including, but not limited to, exhibit installers, constructors of stands/event products, supervisors and organisers) might be eligible for a Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa (subclass 400).

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/busi/trav/conf

You are best to contact the Australian High Commission in London and apply and show them the invitation you have and they will be able to assist.

From what you are describing I think you would be seeking a subclass 400 being the last on the list

I hope this has assisted and answered your question today.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Leon