Leon
Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
12124641

With serving divorce papers via a contact that knows my

Customer Question

Hello. With serving divorce papers via a contact that knows my husband, can they just serve the papers and sign? Or does it need to be witnessed? And if so who is authoised? As I'm sure I can get the server to sign I'm just not sure i can get it witnessed, unless anyone can witness? thank you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning

That person has to prepare and sign an Affidavit of service as evidence that he has serve them on your ex.

The Affidavit of service has to then be filed with the court before the date the divorce is listed.

The witness has to be a Justice of the Peace or a solicitor.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by rating my work 5 stars so I can be paid. Highlight the 5 stars at the top and click the submit button.

Thank you for using Justanswer and I look forward to assist in the future as required.

Leon